|About Stargate FanProd|
|Main Page • About • How to help|
|Manual of Style • Notability • Request • To-do list • Copyright|
Notability guideline Edit
If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to be notable.
- "Significant coverage" means that sources address the subject directly in detail, and no original research is needed to extract the content. Significant coverage is more than trivial but may be less than exclusive.
- "Reliable" means sources need editorial integrity to allow verifiable evaluation of notability, per the reliable source guideline. Sources may encompass published works in all forms and media. Availability of secondary sources covering the subject is a good test for notability.
- "Sources" defined on Wikipedia as secondary sources, provide the most objective evidence of notability. The number and nature of reliable sources needed varies depending on the depth of coverage and quality of the sources. Multiple sources are generally preferred.
- "Independent of the subject" excludes works produced by those affiliated with the subject including (but not limited to): self-publicity, advertising, self-published material by the subject, autobiographies, press releases, etc.
- "Presumed" means that substantive coverage in reliable sources establishes a presumption, not a guarantee, of notability. Editors may reach a consensus that although a topic meets this criterion, it is not suitable for inclusion. For example, it may violate what Wikipedia is not.
A topic for which this criterion is deemed to have been met by consensus, is usually worthy of notice, and satisfies one of the criteria for a stand-alone article in the encyclopedia. Verifiable facts and content not supported by multiple independent sources may be appropriate for inclusion within another article.
What Stargate FanProd is not Edit
Stargate FanProd is not:
- is not a place to publish your own productions, new informationthoughts, analyses not previously published.
- is not a soapbox, a battleground, or a vehicle for propaganda and advertising. This applies to articles, categories, templates, talk page discussions, and user pages.
- is neither a mirror or a repository of links, images, or media files.
- is not a social network such as MySpace or Facebook. You may not host your own website, blog, or wiki
- is an encyclopedic reference, not an instruction manual, guidebook or textbook.
Add productions Edit
- If you want add your own production, check that its respect this notability guideline and ask for it in the Stargate FanProd:Request. Administrators will validate or not your request.
- If you want to add someone else production, check that it respect this notability guideline and start the article respecting the Manual of style.
Example of notable productions Edit
- Many homogeneous fan written storys writted by a team of fans. Published in their own website or not, with several fan comments or specialized website (in Stargate or in fanfic).
- A fan film with actors, script, decors made by amators.
Example of non-notable productions Edit
- Unique and little fan written story not related to any other fan productions.
- Fan trailer, fan music video who use mainly licensed pictures and musics.
- Fan site about a single Stargate charater, or introducing Stargate series.
- A dubbed scene of an episode of Stargate from Youtube.
- A wallpaper, a DVD cover, a drawing of Teal'c made by you 4 years cousin...
- A scene shot with you mobile phone camera when you ramble with your friends.
- A film where someone play with Lego.
See also Edit
- Notability guideline at Wikipedia.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wikipedia:Notability. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Stargate FanProd Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Stargate FanProd Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|